Caring For Your Product
Now that we have supplied you with some of our high quality cast-stone artwork you may have a few questions. First it has already been sealed and also possesses many other ingredients which will come into play years down the road which will provide you with decades of enjoyment.
- Cleaning: If indoors wipe with soft damp cloth. If outdoors rinse with garden hose.
- Premium Stains/High Gloss Finish: If you upgraded your purchase to include either or both of these topical applications, clean them as instructed above. Please note care should be taken not to scratch these surfaces as they are only applied to the surface.
- Drainage: All containers have drainage holes unless otherwise noted. Use plastic liners for indoor displays.
- Freezing: there are few man made materials that are impervious to freezing thawing conditions. Our product is ultra durable and can be placed outdoors during freezing conditions however absolutely not if it is a vessel of any sort or has any design features that can hold water. If the artwork is going to be under snow, it becomes so very difficult to enjoy it. Why not relocate indoors during winter months?
Corporate Gifts & Wedding Favors
Give our best to those who give you their best. If you have a large volume order you may qualify for a discount. For instance do you need 50 Cupped Hands for your top clients or 125 spirit stones as wedding favors, just email us the product(s) of interest, be sure to include the quantity desired, proposed ship date, your contact information and we will be in touch shortly.
First Time Buyer
If you have not shopped with us before and you’re looking for a little motivation, use the coupon code: firsttime during checkout and save 5% on your entire purchase. It’s our way of welcoming you to DSGardenShop.com. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Restrictions may apply.
Free Gift »»» Pay It Forward
If you received a special surprise in your last package, it was no accident. On any purchase of $100 or more we will give you a free gift. It’s that simple. We value your support and want to thank you with a spirited message. Total is excluding taxes, shipping and coupons.
Use this “Thank You” Spirit Stone gift as a reminder to Pay it Forward or give it away to someone who brightens your day.
Paying it forward is a social concept which involves doing good for someone in response to a favor or gift you have received. However, you do not repay the person who did something nice for you but instead you do something nice for someone new. It is important to remember that this concept is performed with a selfless spirit.
Are you an enthusiastic supporter of DSGardenShop.com? Spreading the word to all your friends and family about our wonderful website filled with so many thoughtful gifts. Explaining that both our traditional statuary and original sculptures are of the highest quality and best-of-all are hand-crafted American made.
Well, as a loyal customer we would like to reward you with a 10% savings for as long as you shop with DSGardenShop.com. Simply enter the coupon code: loyalty during checkout and save 10% on every purchase. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Restrictions may apply. Expires Never!!!
Are you a fan of everything we do at Designer Stone Garden Shop? Want to be in the know when our next newest sculpture is available? Are you interested in saving money just for the heck of it? Well, our best promotions are given to those who sign up for our newsletter! Want to sign up right now?
Designer Stone Cares!
It is our commitment to conduct our business in ways that are beneficial to the planet and to people.
Up-cycle packaging: Spray foam is the safest way to get our heavy product from us to you but as with all packaging it creates waste. If reducing waste is important to you then help us “up-cycle” your packaging material. Did you know…everyday customers mail us their empty boxes and we up-cycle 100% of those packaging materials into a new outbound packages? Depending on the box size the return postage can be nominal but because we’re in this together we will share the expense. Simply return your packaging to Designer Stone, 1138 D St., Ramona, CA 92065 and the next time you shop with www.dsgardenshop.com Save $5 when you use the coupon code: motherearth
Water Reclamation: Throughout the day in production the use of water is required for many things; like rinsing tools, buckets, mixers and hands. We are able to reclaim 90% of this relatively clean water and use it in the manufacturing of our products. We reuse approximately 10,000 gallons of water per year equating to 200,000 gallons of water since the beginning of Designer Stone, Inc.
Water-based Sealant: Adding a sealant to concrete certainly isn’t mandatory but we all have walked down cracked sidewalks. When choosing a sealant there are oodles of options, the majority are solvents and enamels.
However Designer Stone uses a high quality industrial strength “water-based”application that is both a Water Repellent and Protective Sealer. What does this mean? Rather than using a solvent-based sealer that is high in VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds), we are putting our best foot forward and use a more expensive water-based sealer. Lowering VOC content has been a popular topic lately, but this was a conscious decision we made from the very beginning… because we care about the planet and its people!
Water-based Stains: Most every major statuary manufacturer uses Acid Stains to color their products. Acid stains are very accomplished, they penetrate deep into the concrete and create a chemical reaction which change the color of the stone and can create a beautiful marbleized antique patina. The problem lies in the 3-step process, all of which are high in VOC’s making them neither user friendly or Eco-friendly.
Designer Stone uses water based stains, it is the Eco-friendly answer to the look of Acid Stains. It accomplishes a variegated finish that won’t peel, chip, crack or fade. It is perfect for interior or exterior use and environmentally friendly and odorless. No Acid! No VOC’s!
Carrier Carbon Offset: How does carbon offset work? We calculate the emissions it takes to transport a package to its destination and we pay an offset provider to offset those emissions for each package we carry. Designers Stone’s primary carriers are committed to offsetting our carbon footprint and we extend that option to you during your check out.
Both FedEx & UPS work with BP Target Neutral, a not-for-profit offset provider whose projects work to reduce, replace and neutralize carbon.
Concrete vs Plastics, Resins etc.: This is a simply an argument of pros vs cons. The pros of concrete are clear, it is ideal for exposed locations and will hold up to accidental bumps from playing children or lawn mowers. And over time concrete develops a patina, supports the growth of moss, insulates, promotes healthy roots systems and gives your garden a worn lived in appearance but clearly the biggest pro is…it will likely last longer than you. The cons are it is heavy and expensive to ship. With these lesser materials the pros and cons aren’t so black and white. They are light and inexpensive and hollow and cheap and insubstantial and imported and disposable.
We’ve all heard about a mass of plastics floating in the Pacific Ocean, estimated at 270,000 sq mi or roughly about the size of Texas. Do you really need to add to this? Buy some more imported Chinese tchotchke bric-a-bracs (junk) which will break or wear away in one short season and then be discarded to float among the Pacific Trash Vortex for eternity or worse to a landfill where it is out-of-sight out-of-mind. Do the world a favor and buy concrete and have an heirloom and a planet to leave to your grand kids.
DSGardenShop.com wants to see how you use our products.
Do you have an elegant path of stepping stones leading to a secret garden? Has a birdbath become a water bowl for your Great Dane? Are there a pair of Meditating Animals keeping your books upright? Did you create a fabulous floral hairdo in one of our Head Planters? Well if you think it’s beautiful, it makes you smile and you can snap a worthwhile picture of our artwork in “action”. Email it to us and we will choose the best photograph and post it on our site. What do you Win? Bragging rights of course and a personal coupon for 20% off.
To Enter: Email us at [email protected]
- Enter “dsgardenshop photo contest” in subject line.
- Include your email address, name, city, state and where the photo was taken.
- Include (1) photo attachment with the following specifications:
- Original photos only. Do not crop. Do not edit.
- Must be 300 dpi and jpeg format.
- Do not include people.
Winners name, city and state will be posted on our website. Winners will be notified via email. Coupon is valid for a 20% discount off any single regularly priced product and expires 30 days of origination. All photo submissions become the property of Designer Stone, Inc. and may be used for promotional purposes or for any reason at Designer Stone, Inc.’s discretion. There are no predetermined factors for selecting the winning photo and Designer Stone, Inc. reserves to right to pick the winning photo by standards as they see fit. Other restrictions may apply.
We have been manufacturing our cast-stone garden goods and distributing through some of the most reputable garden centers and catalog companies since 1999. With this experience comes a confidence that you will be entirely pleased with all aspects of your purchase.
This being said, there are many reasons why you may decide to return your purchase and we offer you a 14-day Hassle Free Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are less than pleased with you purchase, contact us and we will discuss your exchange, credit or refund options. Because our product is commonly placed outdoors, the below guidelines must be followed precisely to ensure the product is not worn or damaged and therefore can be sold as new.
- Return shipment must be postmarked within 14 days of delivery date.
- Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable regardless of coupons, promotions, flat rate or discounted shipping rates. Customer is responsible for 100% of initial shipping & handling costs. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
- Product returned without Return Authorization will not be accepted.
- Product must be returned in original packaging when possible.
- Sale items or “Seconds” are non-refundable.
- Special orders, customization are non-refundable.
- Products stained and/or finished with High Gloss Finishes are non-refundable.
- All refunds will be issued in the original form of payment.
- If you would like to return an item and it falls outside 14 days or any of our guidelines we may charge a 25% re-stocking fee.
- Wholesale accounts must follow guidelines under Wholesale Terms & Conditions.
*Damaged goods due to carrier mishandling must be claimed within 3 business days of delivery.
Save an Antique
Do you have a favorite piece of garden art that is deteriorating right before your eyes?
An old stone garden relic which has developed an authentic distressed texture only decades of Mother Nature’s exposure can provide. Before it disintegrates and returns to the earth never to be appreciated again, let us save it, cast a mold and give it another chance within “The Heritage Collection”.
- We will determine in advance whether we can save the original or if repairs are necessary.
- We will safely return the original to you postage free.
- We will give a free reproduction or offer you a credit for the same value.
While manufacturing, we of course strive for limited breakage but there are occurrences where product ends up damaged.
The worst pieces are discarded but more times than not the blemish is minor. Maybe the coloring is off a little bit or a sculpture gets dinged. These damaged items we refer to as “seconds”. Seconds make lousy gifts for others but are often ideal for our own gardens.
- Seconds are discounted up to 75% off. The discount depends on the severity of the blemish.
- Seconds are distinguished with red paint on the bottom.
- Seconds are non-refundable.
- We ship to United States and Canada. We offer Ground and Expedited Services with UPS.
- Same Day Shipping may be possible upon request. You must place your order before 12 pm (pst) and the item(s) must be in stock.
- Most packages ship within 1-3 business days, however large items ship Common Carrier and shipping time is determined by the carrier. Expect a two week turnaround for east coast shipments. We will upload tracking information upon product departure.
- Shipping costs are calculated according to weight and destination. You are able to see shipping costs prior to purchase. Place the item(s) in your cart, click the “Calculate Shipping” tab, enter your state and zip code and viola’.
- Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico destinations must choose an Expedited Service.
- If you would like to ship outside United States or Canada then choose payment option “phone in” order. We will contact you with estimated shipping costs and you can determine whether or not you want to proceed with your order.
- Packaging: Have you ever made a purchase and to your dismay the item arrives broken well rest assured we have been packaging statues for as long as we have been making statues. Every item is professionally packaged in top grade heavy corrugated cardboard boxes. We use a very dense spray molding foam which ensures your purchase stays put inside the box. When you open your package the first thing you will see is a warning slip giving you a few tips on how to unwrap. If you purchased multiple items it is imperative you follow these tips.
Designer Stone, Inc. provides the materials on this site “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property.
Designer Stone, Inc. expressly disclaims any duty to update or revise the materials on this site, although Designer Stone, Inc. may modify the materials at any time without notice.
By your use of this site, you acknowledge that your use is at your sole risk and that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of this site.
You further acknowledge that Designer Stone, Inc. shall not be liable for any damages or any kind related to your use of this site. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Designer Stone, Inc. harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of the site.
Privacy and Security
Designer Stone, Inc. does not share the information you provide with any outside company or third party. If you sign up to receive our newsletter, we will periodically send you updates on new items, promotions and added features to the website.
You can feel confident when placing online orders with Designer Stone Garden Shop, because every order is secure. Your computer and our server send data back and forth in an encrypted format that guarantees safe and secure transmission of all information. We do not store credit card information on our server.
All rights reserved. All site contents and their arrangement are copyrighted in the U.S. and worldwide by international treaty by Designer Stone, Inc. and its suppliers. This site and all its contents are intended solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the contents, the site or any related software.